DNA/RNA Isolation kits
DNA/RNA Isolation kits
Nucleic Acid isolations are performed on various sample type such as blood, tissue, plant leaves and seeds, buccal swabs, cells and many more. GC biotech has a profound history in the performance and automation of the DNA/RNA isolation process on every level of throughput or sample material.
The CleanNA isolation kits are based on paramagnetic beads and a proprietary buffer system. Combined with the efficient wash and elution steps, high yields of DNA and RNA with an excellent purity are obtained. CleanNA offers Nucleic Acid isolation kits for the isolation of DNA and RNA from all sample types as mentioned above and more. CleanNA aims to launch multiple new kits per year to further increase the service we provide to our customers in their needs for nucleic acid isolation techniques.
Our customers are working in various fields of expertise such as the human genetics, plant genomics or related fields. Nucleic Acid isolation is often the start of their research and/or diagnostic assay and is therefore performed on various throughput levels from low to ultra-high or with very strict quality demands.
Paramagnetic beads allow fast and accurate isolation of DNA and/or RNA from a broad range of biological samples. After tissue lysis, the DNA and/or RNA can be isolated from the lysate in one step by binding to the surface of the CleanNA magnetic beads. Next, the beads are separated from the lysates using a magnetic separation device. Following several rapid wash steps to remove trace contaminants, the purified DNA or RNA is eluted from the CleanNA particles for downstream applications using an aqueous elution buffer
CleanNA magnetic beads are ideal for both automation on all liquid handling workstations as well as for streamlining manual applications. Besides, the high purity and quality allow for cost savings on downstream applications for instance by reagent volume reduction. The scalability and flexibility of the CleanNA isolation kits make them very efficient for any sample starting volume.
The CleanNA magnetic bead based kits
CleanNA offers different isolation kits that have been optimized for the DNA/RNA isolation from specific types of biological samples:
- Clean Plant & Clean Plant PK for the isolation of DNA from many different plant types. The Clean Plant PK kit is based on the Clean Plant with a slightly different protocol, making the kit even more efficient and flexible in use. The lysis and binding buffer complex is designed to minimize the co-purification of polyphenols and polysaccharides. With the CleanPlant PK kit, CleanNA offers the most versatile and flexible DNA isolation solutions for plant material available in the market today.
- Clean Blood & Tissue extracts high quality genomic DNA from fresh and frozen blood samples in a volume range of 1-200 μl. The Clean Blood & Tissue kit is also designed for DNA isolation from buffy coat, saliva or tissue samples. The Clean Blood & Tissue protocol does not contain any heating steps, making the Clean Blood & Tissue kit the ideal solution for automation from low to ultra-high throughput. If specific sample volumes larger than the described 200 μl sample volume for whole blood are needed, our dedicated development team can help you design the best suited protocol.
- Clean Pathogen isolates host genomic DNA, gram positive or negative bacterial DNA, viral DNA or fungal spore DNA. The kit design and protocol are fully scalable for all sample volume and throughput demands on low, medium, high and ultra-high throughput.
- Clean Plasmid for the extraction of high quality DNA from high copy and low copy number plasmid, but also for the extraction of DNA from Bacterial Artificial Chromosome (BACs), Plasmid Artificial Chromosome (PACs) and cosmids. The isolated DNA is suitable for most downstream applications such as digestion and fluorescent DNA sequencing.
- Clean FFPE isolates DNA from Formalin-Fixed, Paraffin-Embedded tissue samples. The specifically designed lysis and buffer components prevent cross-linking of nucleic acids during the isolation process. The quality of the isolated DNA enable the use of many common downstream applications on various throughputs and levels of automation.
- Clean Circulating isolates the cell-free DNA from plasma/serum samples with a volume of 500 μl up to 4 ml. The isolation of free circulating DNA has become a common technology for prenatal testing in the last few years. The use of free circulating DNA allow for a Non-Invasive Prenatal Test (NIPT), where there are no risks involved for mother or child opposed to many common technologies. The isolation of free circulating DNA has many more applications. The Clean Circulating kit is fully scalable to enable automation on many platforms and throughputs.
If your specific sample type is not a part of the list above, please contact us with your needs. Where possible, we can develop, design and produce kits to your specific needs and sample types.
Automation of all CleanNA kits is possible on various systems. GC biotech offers automation for medium and high throughput using the Dynamic Devices Lynx platform and the Bionex automated solutions, resulting in the automation of up to 200 plates per day of various biological samples.
The chemistry of the CleanNA products is specifically designed to be easy-to-use. Together with the uniform bead size, this ensures highly reproducible results. All CleanNA protocols are scalable to various sample starting volumes for maximum flexibility and efficiency.
Figure 1: CleanPlant Process schematic