Simple, efficient membrane-based method for the purification of DNA from PCR reactions and from TAE & TBE agarose gels, without the need for hazardous reagents or ethanol precipitation
- Fast – streamlined protocol for simple recovery of PCR products in 10 minutes and DNA from gel slices in 20 minutes
- Efficient – column matrix developed for recovery rates of between 70% and 95%
- High-performance – extraction of consistently high-quality DNA fragments, ideal for use in all downstream applications
- Versatile – single buffer promotes effective DNA recovery from both TAE and TBE agarose gels
- Safe – no hazardous phenol/chloroform extraction
ISOLATE II PCR and Gel Kit is the simplest option for the purification of PCR products and for the isolation of DNA fragments from TAE and TBE agarose gel slices. A fast and easy-to-follow protocol is given for each application.
PCR products can be purified in 10 minutes using simple binding and elution steps. Concentrated PCR products ranging between 60 bp and 15 kb can be eluted, removing primers, nucleotides, enzymes, mineral oil, salts and other impurities.
DNA fragments between 50 bp and 20 kb can be extracted from agarose gel slices in 20 minutes using a color indicator to help maintain optimal pH and identify undissolved agarose.
ISOLATE II PCR and Gel Kit has been designed to deliver optimal performance in downstream applications, including transformations, cloning, sequencing and restriction analysis.
- Restriction digestion
- Fluorescence sequencing
- In vitro transcription