Meridian Agarose is ideally suited for routine analysis of nucleic acids by gel electrophoresis and blotting.
- High quality – certified DNase/RNase-free for analysis and recovery of DNA and RNA in all routine applications
- Reliable – forms strong gels, even at low concentrations, thereby improving handling and minimizing gel breakage
- Flexible – ideal for high-resolution analysis of DNA and RNA fragments between 500 bp and 40,000 bp
- Precise – low background even at high agarose concentrations for improved visualization and excision of DNA fragments
- Convenient – pre-weighed tablets for minimal handling, improved consistency and reduced time to results
Extremely pure, high molecular biology grade Agarose from Meridian have no detectable DNase or RNase activity, form strong gels with low background upon ethidium bromide or SYBR® Green staining and confer high electrophoretic mobility.
Meridian Agarose sharply resolves DNA and RNA fragments from 100 bp to 40 kb, with consistent resolution from lot-to-lot, making them ideal for analytical separation, analysis and recovery of DNA and RNA in all routine electrophoresis applications. A low EEO (electroendoosmotic) flow minimizes diffusion, so that even the smallest nucleic acid fragments remain sharp and tightly resolved, while a high gel strength aids handling and maintains compatibility with blotting techniques.
- PCR analysis
- Southern/northern blotting
- Restriction enzyme mapping
- Resolution of PCR fragments
- Confirmation of plasmid construction
- Detection of DNA polymorphisms
- Glycoprotein electrophoresis
- Recovery of DNA