MyTaq Blood-PCR Kit offers very fast, highly-specific, direct PCR from a wide range of human and animal whole blood samples, including those preserved with anticoagulants.
- Fast – eliminate complex, slow and costly DNA extraction steps, thereby reducing time to results
- Simple – fewer protocol steps greatly reduce the risk of sample loss and contamination and minimizes manual effort
- Robust – novel buffer system developed to overcome PCR inhibitors in blood
- Sensitive – incorporates MyTaq HS DNA Polymerase that exhibits increased affinity for DNA, thereby improving yield of even the most challenging targets
- Flexible – developed for a wide range of blood samples, including EDTA, citrate and heparin preserved samples, thereby avoiding the need for further optimization
- Versatile – suitable for a range of PCR applications, including multiplexing, amplification of GC-rich templates and long amplicons
MyTaq™ Blood-PCR Kit is recommended for fast, specific and direct PCR from human and animal blood samples. MyTaq Blood-PCR Kit incorporates MyTaq HS DNA Polymerase, the latest generation of very high-performance polymerases unique to Meridian. Furthermore, MyTaq HS has an increased affinity for template DNA, giving a high PCR product yield from the most challenging templates.
The combination of a unique, inhibitor-tolerant buffer system and MyTaq HS DNA Polymerase, ensures the MyTaq Blood-PCR Kit overcomes the PCR inhibitors typically present in blood samples, including anticoagulants (EDTA, citrate and heparin). This leads to significantly increased sensitivity and PCR success rates even with demanding applications such as long amplicons and GC-rich templates In addition to supporting robust PCR amplification, the novel buffer system replaces the need for complicated extraction and purification steps or the use of additives.
The speed and high specificity of MyTaq Blood-PCR Kit makes it highly suited for multiplex PCR and high-throughput genotyping assays. The advanced formulation of MyTaq Blood-PCR Kit allows fast cycling conditions to be used, without compromising PCR specificity and yield.
- SNP genotyping
- Genetic testing
- Pathogen detection
- Blood screening
- Paternity testing
Size: 250 x 50µl Reactions