For the high-throughput market of DNA/RNA isolation protocol, the Maelstrom 4800 LH system is the perfect option. The system processes up to 48 samples at once, while having a small enough footprint to be integrated in most liquid handlers. Placing multiple Maelstrom 4800 LH systems in an integrated setting with a plate handler, storage and readers is the solution for the highest throughput demands.
The specialized spin tips enable superb mixing efficiency of magnetic beads and larger processing volume. The Maelstrom 4800 LH mixing options for sample, beads and buffers is a combination of pulsation and rotation. The rotation can be set at a range up to 300 rpm. The spin tips are designed especially for the Maelstrom products. The design is such that DNA shearing is minimized while mixing and elution is optimized.
As the Maelstrom 8 and the Maelstrom 9600 the Maelstrom 4800 LH uses the same spin tips and technology. Growing in throughput does no longer require a change in technique nor reagents. The magnetic bead based protocol can be used in all three systems assuring the right solution for any throughput.
Key features and benefits
- Simultaneous processing and purification of DNA, RNA and protein samples
- Automation of complicated manual steps
- High efficiency purification driven by TANBead’s patented technology
- Well-proportioned design for easy integration into liquid handling workstations
- Flexible options on throughput
- Prevention of aerosol cross-contamination
- Larger sample processing volume