About the BioNex FourARM Plate Handler
The BioNex FourARM plate handler is a versatile, highly reliable robot with an extremely compact form factor that makes it ideal for space-limited laboratories. Unlike other robotic systems that can be large, complicated and rather intimidating, the FourARM plate handler was specifically designed to be friendly, approachable and simple to use and operate. The tower stands at just over 12 inches tall, making it ideal for placement on small laboratory automation platforms without being oversized for most applications. Motor power disables automatically when the slightest unexpected force is detected — so safety shields can be optional.
The BioNex FourARM plate handler is a budget-friendly project workhorse for most laboratory automation tasks. An ultracompact footprint allows it to easily function in small workspaces, including laboratory safety hoods which facilitates automation in controlled environments. Pneumatics are not required for robot operation, and standard electrical service simplifies installation.
The FourARM plate handler accommodates a wide variety of peripheral devices to address applications from simple microplate sealing and bar code labeling to rapid loading and unloading of labware to and from instrumentation for high throughput, cell-based phenotypic screening. Its side gripper easily handles all ANSI/SLAS microplate formats including deepwell blocks and PCR plates, plus tip boxes, tube and vial racks. When application expansion is needed, the plate handler’s arm also supports a growing series of end effectors to enable single tube handling, wire rack handling,
extraction column carriers and more.
Automation for multiple instruments
A single FourARM plate handler can provide automation for one or multiple instruments, and multiple FourARM plate handlers can be linked together to facilitate more complex functionality and applications. Along with an optional expandable track, the plate handler can also be deployed using a linear set up allowing peripheral placement along all sides of the track.
The FourARM plate handler facilitates the experimental set up and application expansion that scientists need to further their research, yet maintains the reliability and flexibility that automation specialists require — all in an easy to use, affordable package.
Key Features and Benefits
• Compact footprint conserves laboratory space
• Configurable horizontal and vertical reach easily adapts to your applications
• Provides walkaway instrument automation at an affordable price
• Simple operation, ease of use and high reliability require minimal automation expertise
• Provides infinite horizontal rotation, eliminating timeconsuming backtracking
• Side grippers in portrait or landscape mode
• Handles a wide variety of labware including multiwell plates, deep-well blocks, tip boxes and tube racks
• Automate multiple instruments within a very small workcell using just a single plate handler
• Optional linear track for optimum space conservation and operating efficiency
• Suitable for benchtop operation or placement in workstations such as the BioNex TaskCell workstation
• Delidding and relidding of microplates
• Automate barcode labelers and microplate sealers
• Transport plates to and from microplate stackers
• Load/unload microplates to a vast array of detection instruments including microplate readers, high content imagers and flow cytometers
• Automate genomic DNA applications from sample preparation, to reagent dispensing to qPCR processing
• Enable hands-free operation of liquid bulk dispensers and microplate washers