EPIK miRNA Assays do not rely on sequence-dependent probes or chemically modified primers. Instead they use modified stem-loop miRNA specific oligonucleotides, mediated reverse transcription and hemi-nested real-time PCR. Using SensiSMART and SYBR Green Bioline ensures high sensitivity, specificity and speed, to the quantification of micro RNAs.
EPIK miRNA Assays
Each assay contains three miRNA specific primers designed by MiRXES and Exiqon. The conformational restricted RT primer efficiently hybridizes to mature but not precursor form of the target miRNA. Next the miRNA specific forward and nested reverse qPCR primers provide further specificity and enable robust amplification of the amplicon.
EPIK miRNA SELECT Assays
Each EPIK miRNA Select Assay Kit contains four individual EPIK miRNA RT-qPCR assays (100 reactions per assay). Choose from between 1 and 4 individual EPIK Select Assays per assay kit (4 x 100 reactions) for the detection of any of the over 27,500 miRNAs in the miRBase.
EPIK miRNA knowledge panel Assays
Each EPIK miRNA knowledge panel is derived from individual EPIK miRNA Select Assays and assembled into biologically relevant panels based on analysis of published literature.
- EPIK Cancer miRNA Panel: Research of the dysregulation and function of miRNAs in various cancers account for close to half of all miRNA publications. Profiling miRNA regulations could provide insights into cancer pathogenesis, drug response and recurrence.
- EPIK Stem Cell miRNA Panel: Stem cells are capable of both self-renewal and differentiation. Understanding the critical role of miRNAs in induction, maintenance, differentiation and reprogramming of stem cells helps to harness the potential of stem cells as regenerative medicine.
- EPIK Bio fluid miRNA Panel: Circulating miRNAs are now regarded as a promising new class of biomarkers and a novel means of extra-cellular communications.
- Increased sensitivity: RT and qPCR steps are optimized to drive highly efficient amplification form limiting amounts (≥1pg) of input sample.
- Improved specificity: Pre-designed, novel, miRNA-specific primers for superior discrimination of even very closely related targets.
- Faster protocol: From RNA to Ct in just 2 hours for earlier results and increased throughput capacity.
- Reliable data: 7-log linear dynamic range for accurate quantification of low- and high-expressed targets, even for limited sample volumes.
- Convenience: All necessary components included in the kit and formulated to minimize set-up time.